The Kemper Girls

The Kemper Girls
The Kemper Girls

Thursday, January 20, 2011

More than we bargained for?

We had our first prenatal doctor's visit in late August. That first sonogram was a doozy...

So Penelope, Dr. Seeker, and I all saw the same image at the same time.

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing double. I can't possibly see what I think I'm seeing, right? Right? RIGHT? Do sonograms have reflections? shadows?

Penelope: "Are there two babies in there?!?!?!"
Dr. Seeker: "Yep; you're having twins!"
Penelope: "WTF?!?!?!?" (except she didn't use the acronymn) "Oops, sorry about that..."
Dr. Seeker: "That's okay, somebody had to say it."

From that moment forward the grins did not leave our faces for weeks. My jaw hurt from smiling so much. Sure, we were about to embark on the most challenging journey of our lives, but how cool is that? TWINS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment